Moore Park Stables
Moore Park Stables has a wide range of horses and ponies for riders of all ages and disciplines. Tourist are amazed at the wonderful facility we have in providing a horse ride around Centennial Park in such a central location, which is unique to Sydney.
We also have small ponies for the children with pony leads for a gentle introduction to lessons and a general love of horses.
We encourage the adults having lessons to join in with the care of the horses for a taste of horse ownership or just a feeling of belonging.
Business Contact numbers
- Phone: (02) 9360 8747
- Fax: (02) 8356 9361
Moore Park Stables was originally established by Rosemary Gough (EFA Level1 G and NJ, SSTA) in 1980.
Rosemary has been and still is a successful competitor and accredited judge at Royal and National Level. It is with this competitive attitude that the school aims at producing riders of a competitive calibre in all disciplines.
Rose is also proud of her success at inspiring riders to a career in coaching, some overseas, others still working beside her.
The school also promotes a ‘hands on ‘ relationship with client and horse. Saddling, bridling, grooming are all geared towards preparation of perhaps becoming a horse owner or just being more involved with the school horses.
For the timid and less inspired, or just the trail riders, the instructors are very encouraging and friendly.
- Private 1 hour: one on one with an instructor, any discipline of your choice, dressage, jumping, hacking.
- Half hour lesson: one on one with instructor any discipline
- Group lessons: In all disciplines
- For everyone from 7 years and up.
- For the little ones, parents can walk along side or hire a pony and ride along side.
- We will bring a Pony to the park with a handler.
- All school holidays or Private Camps by arrangement.
- Classes through the Community College or Private Lessons.
Community College Course
- Eastern Suburbs Community College, Sydney Community College
- Team and confidence building days or rides.
My Little Ponies
- Booking are through Centennial Park and Moore Park Trust on (02) 9339 6699.
Age Ranges catered for
- Pony Leads from 3 years old and up, adults can ride or walk along side their children
- Park Rides - from 7 years old and up
- Lessons from 3 years old
- Holiday Camps – from 5 years old and up
- Community College Courses are adults only - contact the College for minimum age
Location within CPEC
Pavillion A - Centre Aisle: Pavillion A is located on the left hand side when driving into the CPEC Centre.
new and existing clients
Centennial Park Veterinary Practice is a specialist equine practice ideally situated within the Centre.
John Leckie has been providing agistment and livery services in Moore Park for over 30 years.