Eastside Riding Academy
Eastside Riding Academy offers you a safe and friendly environment, whether you're interested in an occasional ride through beautiful Centennial Park, or dedicated to learning the fine art of horsemanship.
Eastside Horse Riding Academy was a finalist in the 2009 True Local Business Awards for the Fitness & Sport Category (second year in a row).
We have friendly, professional staff, safe horses for all levels of riders, and access to state of the art facilities within the Centennial Parklands Equestrian Centre.
All approximately 15 minutes from the CBD!
Business Contact numbers
- Phone: (02) 9360 7521
Eastside offers a wide range of fun services to cater for adults and children's riding, wether you want to brush up on your riding or climb into the saddle for the first time. Please refer to our website or simply give our friendly staff a call on 02 9360 7521 anytime for more information or to make a booking.
Centennial Park Leisure Ride
- Park rides consist of a leisurely circuit of the beautiful Centennial Park (approximately 50 mins of riding). Groups escorted by our friendly staff are kept small and we endeavour to keep similar riding abilities to ensure all have an enjoyable ride. We suggest booking your ride to avoid disappointment.
Individual Private Lessons
- Individual private tuition session with your experienced and friendly instructor - lessons will be tailored to cater for you or your child's particular riding interests and ability. These are primarily flatwork (dressage) lessons, jumping lessons are also available with prior notice. Approx.1 hour (includes mounting / dismounting) Suitable for all levels of riders.
- Riding tuition session shared with one other rider (max 2 riders). Similar riding ability and aims are kept in the sessions. Approx. 1 hour (includes mounting / dismounting)
- Similar riding ability and aims are kept in the group (Max. 5 riders) After school sessions available for kids and before/after work for adults. (Approx. 1 hour)
Child Pony Rides
- A great introduction to riding for beginner children. A fun ride for approx. half hour, this is the ideal first step into riding before taking lessons or a fun special treat for your child.
- Half hour riding lessons are designed with young riders needs in mind, as their muscles and attention spans find a whole hour tiring.
- Once the child is confidently riding for the whole half hour, we will suggest moving them into an after school group session or our popular Junior Rider Club.
School Holiday Camps
- Tuesday to Thursday during NSW school holidays (check website for dates).
Junior Rider Club
- The Junior Rider programs are unique to Eastside and are in high demand. Each Saturday or Sunday for a 9 week term students enjoy a group lesson and horse care theory session. Your child can not only learn to ride, but basic care for horses and ponies too. Please call 02 9360 7521 to enquire today!
Age Ranges catered for
- Both children (approx 5 and up) and adults are welcome.
Location within CPEC
Eastside Horse Riding Academy is located in Pavillion D (opposite the flag pole) within the Centennial Parklands Equestrian Centre. Please refer to our website www.eastsideriding.com.au and click on the "where are we" tab.
new and existing clients
Richard Ballard has over twenty years experience as a farrier and is on site at the Equestrian Centre daily.
Centennial Park Veterinary Practice is a specialist equine practice ideally situated within the Centre.
John Leckie has been providing agistment and livery services in Moore Park for over 30 years.