Why not surprise someone special with a romantic ride at dusk or dawn?
Centennial Park is one of the few parks in the world to offer inner-city horse riding. A Park Ride is an enjoyable and relaxing way to witness the extraordinary splendour of Centennial Park – a peaceful sanctuary teeming with history, birdlife and beauty.
Different times of day can offer various and differing experiences, but a late afternoon ride with the setting Sydney sun really gives a romantic flavour to this much loved activity.
Park Rides involve a one-hour circuit of Centennial Park, starting and finishing at the Centennial Parklands Equestrian Centre.
No riding experience is necessary and you will be guided through Centennial Park on horseback with a professional instructor. All equipment is provided so you will be fitted for boots and helmets. You will be introduced to one of the well-trained horses, matched to your riding experience.
After your Park Ride, you may wish to further explore Centennial Park to relax and enjoy this special place.
What will you see on your ride?
Here's just a few sights you'll see on your romantic ride:
- Federation Pavilion – an important historical monument where Australia became a nation in 1901
- Magnificent birdlife, both water birds and land birds, with over 120 natives species recorded here
- Spectacular Australian trees and seasonal floral displays
- Picturesque ponds that are much loved by the people of Sydney (you'll ride past eight different ponds!)
- Magnificent views and vistas of the Sydney skyline and the park itself.
How to book?
We have five resident riding schools offering a Park Ride experience: